Thursday, April 28, 2005

Yo yo

We've finally had a run of good weather which has lasted more than a day - all week it has been decent, but with some blustery winds earlier in the week. Today it was simply sunny and very hot. On Monday I went for a gentle 25 km bike ride and this afternoon for a jog to and on the beach. Carmen and Anja have been for a few long walks, in fact they're out at the moment.

Jamie had a concert yesterday with her music school, she sang a little song and then played the piano while the rest of her group played other instruments. She did a good job, a couple of little slip-ups but nothing too drastic. She's always so funny on stage, tossing her locks like Miss Piggy and doing unscheduled pirouettes, we all kept having to look the other way ;o)

Despite having doggedly stuck to the same hole in my belt, reality has caught up with me and it's time to do something about my weight. I've been avoiding the scales for months, now it turns out I've put 12 kg on since last July - gulp. So the exercise regime is being cranked up and the Atkins books dusted down. I started the diet today, and Jane and I have already agreed to compete to see who can lose 10% of their body weight first. Just remember, Jane, Swingball. I always win. *Evil cackle*

103.5 kg this morning, watch this space.

No comments: