Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Doings

Quick update time - the weather continues to be either heavy cloud or rain, which meant we didn't do a great deal at the weekend. A gap in the cloud on Sunday morning got us all excited and we were all togged up for a walk when the first drops of rain started falling :((( Daniel discovered the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and watched it about 6 times during the weekend.

On Saturday evening Carmen and Anja stayed in watching Cold Mountain from the DVD shop while I went round to Siobhan's for an ex-pat supper. Vivion and Marian were there, and it was a very pleasant evening - I baked pancakes served with choccy ice cream which went down a treat.

On Monday and Tuesday I knuckled down to get a big job finished. Just as I was wrapping it up yesterday evening I discovered a bunch of tables which I hadn't seen earlier (graphic files embedded in the text) which also needed translating - an unexpected extra 1000 words. All in all, in 2 days, I managed the 10,000 words of this job, a test translation of 400 words, proofreading a 1600-word job I'd farmed out, and I went out for coffee with a translator (Anjo Sterringa) who was passing through SVB. Phew. I should have a morning off really, but the next deadlines await.

No comments: