Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Peter

I only found out this morning that my friend Peter Capell lost his battle with cancer on 8 November. I knew Peter from my days at Heidebeek, and he was possibly the sweetest natured person I have ever had the privilege of knowing. The world is a much poorer place without him.

This is an extract from an email written by Peter's sister in-law, Becky Capell:
Hasmig sang him into Heaven tonight and their little daughter, Keziah Miracle Capell (born on the 2nd or 3rd November), slept peacefully on the bed next to Peter's. Many people have wondered if he registered that he had a daughter and we believe he did because for days after her birth, he would mention the baby and ask about her. The name Keziah comes from the book of Job. She was one of his daughters and interestingly, in Armenian, although Hasmig and Peter didn't know this when they chose her name, it means "a miracle for you".

No comments: