Monday, March 21, 2005

Father's weekend, part 2

After this we decided to walk over to the harbour, initially to go for coffee at another hotel, but we decided this would be a touch excessive, so we just walked around the harbour for a bit, while the kids continued running. As we started back, Danny's batteries suddenly ran out, and I had to carry him.

On the way home I went off to get some shopping while Carmen took the kids home for an early bath. As I was walking home I suddenly heard a loud noise, looked up and saw a plane appear over the roof of our building, looking like it had nearly knocked our aerial off, so to speak.

When I got home it turned out this plane had already been over a few times, swooping down to scoop up water from the harbour, apparently to dump on a forest fire. We scanned the horizon and sure enough there was smoke rising from the hills in the distance. I got out the camera to film it coming over again, but the time I filmed it it wasn't nearly as low as the previous times (of course). I still got some interesting shots though, see below.

No comments: