Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Gone yesterday

I finished off my 22,000 words on Monday evening, and so I was able to get off for a bike ride yesterday morning. The weather was perfect, so I took off towards Unquera, detoured around the Pechon peninsula, then headed up along the left (western) bank of the River Deva. (The opposite bank to the one you drive along to go to Potes). It was a very pleasant route, much less traffic than the main road on the other side of the River. I crossed the river at Panes, and then took the long hill up from El Mazo to Merodio. I was originally planning to tackle another long hill, but my legs weren't up to it, so I headed back home via Cabanzon, Camijanes and Abanillas. 57 km in all, and achy thighs to show for it (again).

While I was off biking, Carmen went into Torrelavega and finally found posh shoes for Jamie and herself for the wedding, as well as various other bits and pieces. Jamie's shoes are very nice but they pinch, so we might have to take them back…

When I got home, the news of John Peel's death was a huge shock to the system. Rest in Music.

No comments: