Monday, October 04, 2004

Monday musings

It's been gorgeous weather here the last couple of days, and we made the most of it yesterday when we went out for a walk up on the cliffs above the Barquera. See the photo below.

My voice recognition package arrived at the weekend and my first impressions are very good. (I'm dictating this now). The most difficult aspect is forming your thoughts before you start speaking. Hopefully I'll get used to this quite quickly.

My aunt Brenda is arriving here on Saturday for a short visit, and all of us are looking forward to it. Hopefully the gorgeous weather of the past week will continue; unfortunately these hot spells always come to an end and are usually followed by weeks of cloud and rain, so fingers crossed.

Tuesday update:
The voice recognition is going very well, yesterday afternoon I managed to do what used to be almost a full day's work in about 3 hours... I've taken on a couple of urgent jobs for today and tomorrow and am hoping I can get these finished just as quickly.

No comments: